"In our world, crashes are a reality. Can’t avoid them. All you can do is give yourself the best possible chance of keeping trauma to a minimum. The solution is to go and get the best helmet you can find that reduces both rotation and impact energy to your head and brain!
Our helmets feature our category-defining 360 ̊ Turbine Technology and they are both ECE and DOT certified. The helmet is lined with turbines, which are 360 ̊moving discs constructed from an energy-absorbing shape and material. This technology has two key advantages, namely the reduction of rotational acceleration to the head and brain and the absorption of energy upon impact at concussion level.
Then the entire outer shell is reduced in volume, resulting in a decrease of rotational acceleration to the head and brain at impact, and proving that a smaller shell is a safer shell. Made from the highest rated Polymer Compound, the shell plays a key role in dissipating impact energy and provides quality protection that gives that extra bit of confidence you need out there.
Our multi-density, V-shaped impact foam is molded directly to the outer shell, making it possible for us to reduce the outer shell size and still achieve the highest level of impact protection - proving that a smaller shell is a safer shell.
Even at low speed, Leatt helmets facilitate all-round ventilation.
The complete ‘tech-smart’ helmet, the 4.5 is the wisest safety choice the no-holds-barred Thrill seeker could make.
"• Injected Polymer Compound shell in three sizes
• 360° Turbine Technology:
- Reduces up to 30% of head impact at concussion level
- Reduces up to 40% of rotational acceleration to head and brain
• Reduced outer shell volume: A 10% smaller shell, transfers up to 20% less rotational forces to the neck, head and brain
• Multi-density, V-shaped impact foam molded directly to the outer shell significantly reduces G-forces transferred to the head and brain
• Dri-Lex® moisture wicking, breathable, anti-odor and washable inner liner
• Optimal neck brace compatibility
• Maximized ventilation: optimized for off-road racing and effective even at very low speeds
• Visor with breakaway function for rotational reduction in a crash
• Emergency cheek pad removal
• Hydration ready (with optional hands-free kit)
• Certified and tested: ECE 2205, DOT or JIS T 8133:2015
ECE from 1150 ± 50g (2.53 lbs)
DOT from 1280 ± 50g (2.82 lbs)
#XS (53-54cm – 20 ¾ - 21 ¼"")
#S (55-56cm – 21 5⁄8 - 22"")
#M (57-58cm – 22 ½ - 22 ¾"")
#L (59-60cm – 23 ¼ - 23 5⁄8"")
#XL (61-62cm – 24 – 24 ½"")
#XXL (63-64cm – 24 ¾ - 25 1⁄5"")